HOW IT WORKS
The Bawat BWMS is designed to fit your ballasting needs with four in-voyage treatment options:
- One-Pass ballasting treatment
- One-Pass de-ballasting treatment
- One-Pass tank-to-tank treatment
- Circulation treatment in the same tank
The Bawat BWMS is designed specifically for each ship based on an assessment of available excess heat, amount of ballast water to be ballasted/de‐ballasted during cargo operations, number and design of the ballast water tanks, trade pattern etc.
- Circulation pump: Ballast water is pumped through the system by the circulation pump.
- Heating section: In the heating section, ballast water is heated to the specified temperature by plate heat exchangers by using waste heat from the main engine or other available heat sources.
- Retention section: The temperature achieved in the heating section is kept for a given time in the retention section.
- Regeneration section: After pasteurization, the ballast water passes through the regeneration section, acting as a pre-heater of the incoming ballast water, and cooler for the outgoing ballast water.
- Control and monitoring unit: The CMU controls the treatment process and logs all process data.